Saturday, 22 July 2017

Kraft + July 2017 Challenge


This was a great one to do as I love Roses as well as having plenty of beautiful photos that I could add. The tough part was working out what Roses 3 ways I wanted to do and limiting it as there were so many options.

In the end I decided to go with the following: a Roses stamp that I embossed with black embossing powder on the background, Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals called Chateau Rose which I added to create a pink washed out colour on the background as well as the gauze and KaiserCraft Roses which I sprayed Pink. 





















Monday, 1 May 2017

Guest Designer Kraft + Challenge May




I was very excited when asked to be a guest designer for Kraft + Challenges. The challenge - outside the box suited my mixed media style perfectly. 
I have added some information about how I created the layout below.

I hope you have a go and join in with the challenge

http://kraftpluschallenges.blogspot.com.au



I started with 2 copies of a photo which I knew would provide a regular background that I could build on. I torn up the first photo into small pieces but kept my image in tack. I layered the smaller pieces on top to create a 2 D effect (using foam tape). Once I had finished, I tore the main photo underneath back to the pieces I have put on top so that I ended up with picture that was fragmented.

Finally I placed the photo onto of a mixed media background to extended the picture background. The final pieces of the photo were stuck on with foam tape on the mixed media background and pulled out towards the top left and bottom right to extend the main photo. 

A lot of fun and one piece of advise is to keep all of your pieces you tear up as you can use them to extend out across the page. I also took a photo of where I wanted the top pieces to sit on top of the photo underneath so that as I stuck them on top I remembered where I wanted them. 









Monday, 24 April 2017

More Than Words April Challenge

http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.com.au/
http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/04/april-2017-main-challenge-dream.html

I loved the idea of black, white and 1 extra colour. I usually do a page but thought I would do a small canvas for a change. I used Lindy Stamp Gang magicals - various pinks to add the subtle pink colour and then Alchemy paints - wild fuchsia to add the hot pink colour. Finally I painted the metals either lack or white and sprayed them with Kaiser mist sprays to add some shimmer (does come through on the photo) and to take away the flat gesso look. 

My ode to the word Dream was through my words and also the photo. It was taken in front of a huge gold, silver and blue Christmas tree in Singapore which evoked the magical feeling of anything can happen.... follow your dreams. Hope you enjoy. 

















Saturday, 22 April 2017

Dusty Attic April Challenge


The colours and concept of this challenge appealed to me as I loved the outdoor nature aspect of it. I used  different Dusty Attic products including parts of Woodland Large to create the logs, Grass Border and Grass cluster. I also used Dusty Attic Paints, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks and various embellishments including gauze and mirco beads.
















Friday, 14 April 2017

Kraft + Challenge - April - Swatch It Up


There are so many beautiful colours to choose from when you go and collect your paint samples that it is hard to choose. IO decided to choose my favourite and create a colour gradient form the centre of the page swirling out to the top with off white to browns, greens and teal. I also decided to feature pictures that I had taken from nature and the great out doors. 






 












Friday, 24 March 2017

Kraft + Denim Revolution March Challenge




Denim Challenge - what a great challenge to do. I got to try out one of my sizzix dies that cuts fabric as well as adding my favourite shabby grungy style. and - yes I did have to cut up a pair of jeans. Luckily my daughter had grown out of a pair of hers. 




I sewed the pieces of denim on to the paper and left the threads showing. I felt that it added to the nature of the picture. I used different paints to add texture and also chipboard, embossed cord and layered embellishments to add height.