Monday 1 May 2017

Guest Designer Kraft + Challenge May




I was very excited when asked to be a guest designer for Kraft + Challenges. The challenge - outside the box suited my mixed media style perfectly. 
I have added some information about how I created the layout below.

I hope you have a go and join in with the challenge

http://kraftpluschallenges.blogspot.com.au



I started with 2 copies of a photo which I knew would provide a regular background that I could build on. I torn up the first photo into small pieces but kept my image in tack. I layered the smaller pieces on top to create a 2 D effect (using foam tape). Once I had finished, I tore the main photo underneath back to the pieces I have put on top so that I ended up with picture that was fragmented.

Finally I placed the photo onto of a mixed media background to extended the picture background. The final pieces of the photo were stuck on with foam tape on the mixed media background and pulled out towards the top left and bottom right to extend the main photo. 

A lot of fun and one piece of advise is to keep all of your pieces you tear up as you can use them to extend out across the page. I also took a photo of where I wanted the top pieces to sit on top of the photo underneath so that as I stuck them on top I remembered where I wanted them. 









6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, a very creative take on the challenge! Well done on being a guest this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Lizzie. Loved taking part 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always amazing. Great take on the challenge and congrats on being a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GD spot this month and what a stunning page you've created. Thinking out of the box and out of this world! Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Helen. Live these fabulous challenges.

    ReplyDelete