Wednesday 7 November 2018

Dusty Attic - November Notebook


Wow what an amazing deep rich colour palette. I have taken the rich colours and the hint to nature to create my journal cover. 



I created a textured background by adhering crumpled tissue paper with soft gel. Once dry, I added a layer of Finnabair Graphite texture pasted randomly with a Dusty Attic Diamond stencil. 

Once dried, I added a layer of Finnabair Acrylic Metallique - Blackberry. While drying, I painted the chipboard frames with Dusty Attic - Soot. The leaves and word title were painted with Dusty Attic forest and Pesto paint. Dab to create a textured look. Once dry, I used Tim Holtz oxide inks - forest green to add a weathered look. 

The textured garland were painted with Finnabair rust effect texture paste. once dry, use Tim Holtz Oxide Ink - Gathered Twigs to add colour texture. 

The heart was painted with Finnabair Acrylic Metallique - Frozen Berries and when dry, use Tim Holtz Oxide Ink - Seedless Preserves to add colour depth. 

To assemble, add the frames and then layer the other chipboard. I have added gauze to the layout. Add the art stones with clear glue and Blackberry paint. Layer with the larger art stones and add mini ones to fill in the gaps. 

Finally, flick watered down white gesso around the layout, and paint a fine line around the word title.

 

   




































No comments:

Post a Comment