Tuesday 11 December 2018

Dusty Attic December Christmas Page



It is that wonderful time of the year and I wanted to do my first Christmas page of the year. I used the Christmas theme of the mood board as my inspiration and a wonderful photo of my beautiful granddaughter Amelia.

Using a gorgeous Simple Stories Vintage Christmas page and painted a layer of clear gesso to seal the paper. Once dry, I randomly applied a layer of clear crackle and white gesso to the main area of the page. Tip - dry a little with a heat gun however allow to dry naturally so that the cracks of the crackle develop. Once dry, dab on Lindy Stamp Gang Olive Ponderosa spray and spritz water to help spread it over the gesso. Once dry, add Rudolph red spray over in the gaps. I didn't apply too much as I wanted a random look. 

Paint the chipboard with various paints including Dusty Attic Pesto for the foliage. Use Prima Finnabair metallique paints to add a little richness to flowers and ornaments. I cut the chipboard into pieces to create the ornaments. You will end up with a spare row for another project. To add a distressed look to the frame, emboss using Tim Holtz black soot distressed embossing powder. 

Cut 3 pieces of spare paper to make a photo mat and attach together with spare chipboard with glue. It gives height between the photo mat layers and allows you to easily slip chipboard in between the pieces. 


Layer the chipboard onto the page and once all glued, flick watered down gesso over the main feature. Add your photo. Finish off with Bo Bunny licorice pearlescents in the centre of the flowers and add the words. 

I hope you enjoy and I would love to hear from you in the comments bar in my blog

https://rosaliescreativecafe.blogspot.com


























No comments:

Post a Comment